Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Day 189 | Taking For Granted

Prompt : What are you taking for granted?


Stephanie | I think sometimes its easy to get wrapped up in our little worlds and caught up in the hustle and bustle of our daily lives and take things and people for granted. I don't think that it is always intentional, but it can still be hurtful when we feel taken for granted. I do my best to show my appreciation. I think I take life for granted the most. I don't always live everyday to its fullest, or follow my dreams each day. I have many responsibilities that can pull me from appreciating life each day. I sometimes tell myself there will always be another day to do the things I want, but that might not be true. I may not be here tomorrow. I need to start apprenticing each day and start crossing things of my 'bucket list' so if I do go early, I will have done the things I want to.

Annetta | After traveling all week and being away from home I've realized that I've taken my bed for granted. Sounds funny, and kinda lame, but being away from ones bed for a long period of time you really start appreciating the comforts of your own bed. I love my bed! It's just right for me and helps me get the rest that I need. I think I slept like a baby last night and slept in till 11am this morning. I'll be so sad to be leaving my bed for 3 weeks while in Europe.


1 comment:

  1. Stephanie--love your words. I'm trying to appreciate every moment in my life right now. With small children, the time passes so quickly & before you know it they're grown up! I just to try squeeze as much joy out of every minute with them. "The days are long, but the years are short."
    Annetta--I love traveling, but one of the best parts is that comfy feeling you get when you return to your own space. I always miss my bed most of all!
    Thank you for sharing your journals. Your blog is so inspiring!
    http://winterthorne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

09 10