Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Day 329 | Your Age

Prompt: What is the most difficult thing about being your age?

Stephanie | The most difficult thing about being in my early 30's is the pressure to be perfect in every way. The pressure to have a well kept home, happy, highly educated, multi-talented, and well behaved kids, to be thin and unrealistically beautiful, to be involved in many clubs/events/gatherings outside the home, but still have a wholesome home cooked meal from scratch on the table at an appropriate dinner time. The pressure to be everything, to everyone, at anytime and to have everything in perfect order. To have my life all figured out and to know exactly what I am doing. To never fail and to have all the answers. The pressure to act "grown up" while still feeling like a kid, and never feeling myself. The pressure is enormous and I never feel like I measure up.

Annetta | I'd say the changes that I've been going through as my body shift from a teenage body to a woman body. I know that sounds funny! Here's an example, I've never been a sweets kind of person, but since turning 30 I've had a strong craving for sweets and mostly at night. I sometimes don't know how to deal with it. There are other changes that I can't wrap my mind around yet and it could actually not really be about my age. I've learned to except me, but there are moments where I wonder... I'll be 31 in January and so far I'd say I am liking this age in general. I am so much more mature then when I was in my 20's. Honestly, there are more things that I love about this age and very little I don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10