Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 147 | Graduation

Prompt: Tell me about a graduation or a time when you received an achievement/award. How was the ceremony? Who attended? What did you receive? What did you wear? How did you feel? Add a cringe worthy photo. 


Stephanie | I graduated from High School in 2002.  I received my diploma with my class as a few members of my family watched me cross the stage. Being apart of the choir, we got to sing a few songs during the ceremony. After the ceremony was over, the seniors got to go on a Seniors night out that had ice skating, bouncy houses, a magician, all sorts of fun stuff to celebrate as a class, and keep up out of trouble for the night. The greatest part of the whole night was being the first woman in my family to graduate High School.

Annetta | I graduated from High school in 2002 along with Stephanie. Graduating to me, was a big deal as I was the first one in my family to do so. Both my older brothers dropped out of it and both me and my younger brother graduated. Honestly, I didn't think I could do it because of all the things the teachers said about me. Getting that diploma proved to everyone that I could do whatever it was I set my mind to. I didn't do anything after graduation other then hangout with a few of my friends who had yet to graduate. I remember that getting out of high school meant that I was finally grown up to live life as I wanted to with healthy boundaries.





6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work - I love your style so much. Did it take you a long time to develop your own journaling style?

    Erin, beingerin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erin! There are two of us, is your question to one of us in particular? Want to make sure we answer your question to the best of our ability!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, it was to Annetta specifically but would love Stephanie to answer too!

      Delete
    3. I think my style comes from how I would photograph, stitch or design. I love pastels, floral and beautiful magazine clipping, which forms my style. I noticed that a style naturally comes out once you work on something daily. If you wouldn't have told me I had a style, I wouldn't have noticed, but if I was looking at my journal from another's perspective, I'd see it. Does that make sense? The short answer is when practiced daily no, it was quick to develop a style. -Annetta

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your journal pages! It's inspired me to get back to my own visual journal, which I let fall by the wayside for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is SO wonderful to hear Stephanie! Journaling is so freeing, relaxing and inspiring. So glad you are getting back into it!

      Delete

09 10