Monday, April 1, 2019

Week 13 | Robbing Peter to Pay Paul + In Like a Lion out like a Lamb

Week 13 | Robbing Peter to Pay Paul + In like a Lion out like a Lamb



 


Stephanie | This block has quite the name, Robbing Peter to Pay Paul. This was one of the patterns in the book I wasn't impressed with but put it on my list anyway. I think it has to do with the fabric choice in the example, I personally think its pretty ugly. The dark color just doesn't look good to me. But after putting my block together I actually like the look of it, so fabric choice is key here, I think.

Favorite moment of the week: This has been a pretty boring and blah week. I can't really remember it or the details to it, its kind of a blur to me. I do know that we have some veggies popping up in the garden. We already have radish, beets, onion, potato, and wild flowers coming up. We also discovered that we had some pumpkin seeds that sprouted since we through out our Halloween pumpkins into the compost. So far 19 little pumpkin sprouts have been rescued from the compost and will be planted into the garden.

Annetta | Here is the honest truth... I did not enjoy working on this square. It was fiddly and oh so complicating. Oh course, once I got past the hard part it went fairly okay. I have two more of these to do and I am NOT looking forward to it. Not all these squares will be a favorite and that is okay. I have one more really hard one to do before we go back and start all over again. I have also learned so much since the start of this project 13 weeks ago. It's also very important to pick good quality yarn. I'm not saying my yarn isn't quality, but I am really not enjoying working with this particular yarn. I will start a new project at the end of summer and am picking different yarn for sure.

Favorite moment of the week: My favorite moment this week was going on a walk in the vineyard all by myself to pray and enjoy the beautiful spring blooms. I went on a 3 mile walk and explored places I have yet to see. The weather was perfectly sunny, but it wasn't too warm out. It was a much needed time to pray and think about the changes that have happened and the changes I am hoping for.





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10