Sunday, April 14, 2019

Week 15 | North Star + Spiro Star #2

Week 15 |  North Star + Spiro Star #2






Stephanie | This week for me has been a blur. Trying to take advantage of the nice weather and get projects done outside and get chores done before Spring Break. I thought I would be on top of things this week and I picked my colors and pattern early in the week, but ended up not starting until late Saturday night. I wanted to try a no-waste flying geese tip on this block, since I messed up so bad last week, but that kind of math was proving to be too much for my tired brain and I fell asleep instead. I just stuck with how to book said to prepare them and I was on such a time crunch in the end. It still came out a bit wonky, but I didn't have time to care, I quickly snapped my photo and moved on to my giant to-do list.

Favorite moment of the week: I really enjoyed getting some projects done in some amazing weather. We made a new chicken coop area in the garden, and shuffled the chickens around and moved the ducks out of our bathroom tub. Ducks are filthy, in case you didn't know! Its been quite the ordeal caring for them and 10 baby chickens in our bathroom. I also finally got a quilt done that Ive been working on since October. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift which I wasn't able to finish in time. And with my deadline over, my push to complete it dwindled. So having that done feels great. I will try to post a photo before I ship it off. 

Annetta | I must say that I was very good this week in more than one way. I started and finished the square before Sunday (our due date) and on top of that, I haven't worked on any other knitting or crochet project at all, which is a huge accomplishment for me. I am also, finally, loving the squares I am creating. The first round of squares were not really my colour choices, but now on this second round, I can really look at a square that I have already done and picked the colours I want it to look like. My crochet is looking better as well because I've been getting lots of practice. I actually really enjoyed my square this week and it is one of my favourites. I am even thinking of making a whole blanket with just this square sometime in the future. In the beginning, I just wanted a grey and white square but ran out of the light grey. I improvised and added the mint colour which I loved so much more in the end.

Favorite moment of the week: This was a hard week for me in more than one way. I would say Friday was a favorite 'day' for me. We have had a friend stay for a little over a month and she was moving out on Friday, but before she left she bought me a huge bouquet of gorgeous flowers. It blessed me! Also, I LOVED how quickly work seemed to have gone. I don't usually feel like work goes quick, but this time it went super quick and I was loving it. That evening I also got to go on a date with my husband which is always a blessing to get to spend that time with him. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10