Sunday, June 16, 2019

Week 24 | Lisa #2 + Posy Basket

Week 24 | Lisa #2 + Posy Basket











Annetta | I remember the last time I did this square it took longer than 2 weeks for me to actually finish it. In all truth, I finished the first square today this week, week 24! I was worried that it was already time to do my second one. It didn't work out too well last time. To my surprise, I was inspired to get it done and finished it in one day! It is Thursday and my square is done and photographed and I had just started it yesterday. That is such a win for me because now I can focus on other projects and actually getting this house cleaned. I love the way I worked up this new square. There is no blue in it with just a hint of the last of the purple I had. The design pops with a plain white background. It's maybe one of my favourite squares.

Favorite moment of the week: I LOVED going on a date with my husband. We go almost every Friday, but this time it was different. The sun was nice and hot so it made it very romantic as we got to sit outside the European style. We ate at home, like most days, but we went out for drinks and a nice long walk. It's a time where we get to talk, flirt and just be the two of us. I would have to say it was the best moment of the whole week. 

Stephanie | I saved this pattern for the end of round one. It calls for many different colored squares pieced together to make a basket, a very traditional block. I pulled out all my scrap pieces I have saved through this project so far and was able to use only scraps. This option however left the block not as crisp and defined as it would if I used more of the same tones like the pattern suggests. I did also over look the fact that I have two of the same color blocks touching. I was focused on making the basket print stand out and missed it, oh well.

Favorite moment of the week: My favorite moment for this week was being able to do a photo shoot. I haven't been working on my photography for the last few years and I have missed it. A few weeks back we were in town for a parade and I noticed how beautiful the town streets and building were and thought it was the perfect spot for a photo shoot. I attempted to take some pictures on my girls, but they just wanted to be goofy and not take it seriously. Then I remembered our pastors are expecting a baby soon, so I thought I would offer a maternity shoot. So on Friday night we got to go out and take some pictures. We had a lot of fun, and then both of our families went out to dinner after.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10