Sunday, June 2, 2019

Week 22 | Bavarian Beauty + Diamonds

Week 22 | Bavarian Beauty + Diamonds








Annetta | Another week, another square! Can you believe it? We have been working on this project for half a year already! Now that I am well into the second round of the crochet squares I honestly thought my second one would be perfect and flawless... well, that's not the case. This weeks square feel like a flop to me. It doesn't lay flat like the first one and it seems like it is smaller and tighter also. I'm also not sure about the colors I picked. What was I thinking this week? Oh yeah, get my square done before our church retreat. In the end, it turns out that this is not my favorite squares to make. If I don't make this pattern ever again I would be okay with that. I'm hoping that it will fade out in the blanket once it's done. Now that I am looking at the square I can see my mistake. The gray should have been a brighter color and not gray.

Favorite moment of the week: This week we had a church retreat. That was my favorite part, well the playing games at the retreat was my favorite part. On another note, my first real rose has started to bloom! I also planted tomatoes and radishes in my urban garden. It's all starting to look so pretty!

Stephanie | I was originally going to work on a pattern called Bear Paw. But the colors in the pattern were uninspiring, and I wasn't able to come up with a color scheme that looked right for that pattern. So instead I picked a new pattern! I liked this one because it gave me the option to use many different fabrics, most of which I haven't used yet this year. There were 8 fabrics, not including white, for this block, all in a blue hue with a few pinks added in. Simple half square triangles arranged to made a diamond shape.

Favorite moment of the week: Celebrating the last day of school for the year and putting together our summer bucket list. We haven't had to live within the confines of a public school calendar before, so now we are "limited" to an actual summer break. And with that I felt it was important to make a summer bucket list of all the things we want to do while on break so we don't miss the chance to do them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10