Monday, July 22, 2019

Week 29 | Cogwheel + Heart Granny Square

Week 29 | Cogwheel + Heart Granny Square




Stephanie | This version of the Cogwheel turned out much better than my 1st attempt. I used a fabric that had a stronger contrast to the white, so the pattern stands out more, you can see the center squares so much better.

Favorite moment of the week: My favorite this week was when my husband took a day off in the middle of the week and we as a family were able to do some things on out Summer Bucket List. We went into Sacramento and did another Old Time Photo, we did this when we first moved here last year, and it now will be our summer tradition. We also went to the zoo and got ice cream after. I also loved a surprise package that Annetta sent to me. She can't keep a secret to save her life, so having this waiting for me was such a shock! She sent me this cute coffee mug designed by Angela Staehling. I just love it, and that she wanted to love on me with a gift makes it so special. We also celebrated 10 years of friendship this week <3

Annetta | This week crochet square is called the Heart Granny. It was an easy square, but I would be lying if I said it didn't take me a while to figure out how to do two different colors on the same round. I like how this classic granny square was turned into a heart and think it's pretty clever. I did four square in all with all the four colors I've chosen for this new blanket. It also feels great to be doing one little square for four days and then take a break for the rest of the week. I like to do my square straight after I finish my part-time job so that I have all day to work on other projects. So far this has been a very fun project and I seem to like it more than my last.

Favorite moment of the week: This Saturday we went to my favorite little gem of a town. I call it gem because it is tucked away in the hills of Slovakia and its such a gorgeous town! I've been there so many time and still feel like it's the first time every time I go. Tin wasn't feeling the greatest on the trip because the road to the town is super windy and makes him car sick. I am looking forward to making another trip there in the fall when my mom comes to visit from the States.





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10