Sunday, March 3, 2019

Week 9 | Dutchman's Puzzle + Sweet and Fair

Week 9 | + Sweet and Fair + Dutchman's Puzzle


 
 
 
 


Stephanie: I liked this block, the Dutchman's Puzzle, also known as the Flying Dutchman. It consists of 8 flying geese blocks. Simple and easy, with a traditional look. One light and dark contrasting triangle gives the windmill look. I think this would make a great quilt, either the same color scheme, or a variety of colors.

Favorite moment of the week: My favorite thing about this week is seeing some flower bulbs popping up around the property. This is our first spring in our new place and we have no idea what is planted here. Its a fun surprise when something comes through the wet ground. Spring is almost here!

Annetta: I tried to pick an easy pattern this week because my family and I went on a skiing trip for 4 nights. I wasn't sure if we would have a signal up in the mountains and therefore planned to crochet my square in two days. It was a good thing I picked Sweet and Fair because it was a crazy busy week before the trip. I pretty much followed the pattern, but towards the end, I added an extra row of single crochet because my squares have been ending up being a bit too small. The blanket I am crocheting is a huge one and calls for 3 squares per pattern, but this particular pattern I only do once. I might actually do it two more times and switch it out with another one if life gets a bit intense and I need to take things easy at some point. Anyway, I loved this weeks pattern and think that the versions of color are endless. Could be a very fun pattern when it comes to color play.

Favorite moment of the week: My favorite part this week a bit surprising. I should say the ski trip was my favotire and it was, but something surpassed it. My true favorite part was coming home to a clean house. After being away from my home for a few nights and coming back to it I have a deeper appreciation for it and how I have designed and styled my home. I can for that moment see it as others see it versus the way I usually see it, a place that needs to be cleaned. This has been the first time I managed to clean the house before a trip and I have plans to make it happen every time now.




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10