Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 8 | Birds Of A Feather

Prompt : Sketch a bird
(I think this week got away from Stephanie and I. Our apologies for such a late post from the both of us!)



Annetta | Our prompt was to sketch a bird and it's normally something I wouldn't sketch, therefor I am thankful for prompts like this week that get me outside of my comfort zone. I didn't enjoy what I sketched so I added my own elements to the bird. Its great how a sketchbook is just that, something to practice in as reality doesn't have to translate here. Mistakes are welcome and imagination is encouraged. Stephanie and I also re-created a piece of fabric that I had in my studio. I love how different ours are and what we noticed as the important elements to the fabric were. I've never been bold enough to try and sketch some fabric, but last week was for breaking out of my box and doing things I normally wouldn't. For my other creative I added more stitched to my cross stitch pattern. I am half way done with it and loving my color choice.

Stephanie | I love owls and have wanted to sketch/paint one for a while, but I haven't because I have felt they required more skill to make them look realistic. I looked up some inspiration and found an example that I felt matched my skill level and would provide some much needed practice. He is not realistic looking, but that is not where I am at yet. He is goofy looking with mis-shapen eyes but overall charming for a first try. I loved working on the fabric painting, even though it looks unfinished since its not outlined in pen. I really enjoy it when Annetta and I work off the same pattern or picture and we can see how different we interpret it. How similar yet so different they turn out. Other than this sketching time with Annetta I wasn't very creative, it was a very busy and tiring week for me. I was able to put a few new stitches into my project, but not enough to photograph my progress. I hope this week will turn around for me and I can get back in the groove of things.


3 comments:

  1. I love your posts. I am trying to keep up with a journal of my own. Hopefully I can keep up. But, some weeks are hard to squeeze in creative time for myself. You just have to do the best you can. Right., hope you have a wonderful week. And thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete

09 10