Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 119 | Dream Home

Prompt: Describe in detail a walk through of your dream home. Do not forget any outside spaces. How would you decorate it? Any stand out pieces of furniture? Even include a rough sketch of the floor plan.




Stephanie | I would love a beautiful old farmhouse or converted barn. A wrap around porch with swing full of overgrown flower pots, an American flag waving in the breeze. Inside is covered in old hardwood floors, open space and original build-ins, full of charm. The kitchen has open shelving and a pantry. The home is open with enough room for guests and a studio space. Handmade quilts will complete each bedroom and display nicely on the metal framed beds. A claw foot tub in the over sized master bath and a large laundry room. White interior with color splashes and lace everywhere. The whole house will be surrounded by lush trees and gardens, a potting shed, and greenhouse and will overlook a lake or ocean. Deer will walk through the grass to find food. Vintage items and thrift shop finds and photographs will decorate throughout the home.

Annetta | I want my dream home to be in California on a 15+ acre rose farm. I want a house that's full of character, is big enough to hold my growing family with a few extra rooms. The house must have beautiful light streaming through many windows. I would love porch where I can enjoy summer nights and a sunroom where I can clam as an office. The house must have a beautiful vintage green house next to it for all my gardening needs. I want it to be a double story with its own unique vibe. I want a big, but photogenic kitchen with a mud room. Since this would be a functioning farm, there would be a few animals, a private garden and orchards. I would also build an additional farm where I can convert it into a workshop place with a bed and breakfast feel. I'd love to have people come and stay for workshops, retreats or just friends. I'm hoping to own this dream home in the next 5-10 years.



1 comment:

09 10