Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Day 113 | Family

Prompt: I am grateful for my family because....



 
Stephanie | It was 7 years ago today (April 23, 2007) my husband and I lost our first child to a miscarriage. That was one of the hardest things I had ever gone through. I was left broken and afraid we weren't able to have kids. The pregnancy was a shock to us, but it changed our lives forever. The entire pregnancy just didn't feel right but everything kept showing up normal on scans, there was nothing to be done at that stage to prevent anything anyway. I was at home by myself, my new husband was across the state preparing to deploy, when I miscarried. I was so overwhelmed with sadness and guilt, in a single moment our baby died. We will never know what that baby would have been like, whether it was a boy or girl, who it would have looked like. A piece of us will never walk this earth, but rather watch over us. I have since has 2 successful pregnancies with 2 beautiful and healthy girls. Losing a child makes me so extremely grateful  for my little family my hubby and I have created together, I love my girls more than anything. 

Annetta | As I was working on this post I realized something. Family is the only role in life that is irreplaceable! We all long to play a irreplaceable role, to be valued, loved and cared for. All the things that we long for come through family. If our family is broken, we end up growing up broken and in turn can break our own families. Family is something I am beyond thankful for and cherish every single day deeply!

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10