Friday, November 28, 2014

Day 331 | Thanksgiving Menu

Prompt: Whats on the menu for your Thanksgiving dinner?

 

Stephanie | This is the smallest Thanksgiving dinner and gathering we have had. Its a low key day. We made the usually staples for thanksgiving, plus I made a pecan pie for the first time. Its one of my hubby's favorites and I finally made one, looking forward to trying it for the first time tonight. Appetizers: olives, cheese ball with crackers, mimosas, and sparkling cider for the kids. Dinner: Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, rolls. Dessert: Pumpkin pie, and pecan pie.  

Annetta | This is the biggest Thanksgiving dinner and gather I've been too since the loss of my nephews that tore our family apart. Lucky for me, it was held at my aunts house so I only had to bring a dish or two with me and enjoy the evening without the stress of hosting. I actually just got back from the gathering not too long ago which means we spent around 8-9 hours there eating, playing games, talking and watching football. There was so much food! Many of them were our traditional Russian dishes like fish salad, Russian potato salad, mushroom-carrot-garlic salad, jello meat, a few different beet salads, a variety of pickled veggies. The traditional stuff was there too like mashed potatoes, turkey. There were other things, but my stomach was too full to pay much attention to everything that was there. Then there was dessert that lasted for a few hours with your typical items and then not so typical Russian stuff. It was the best Thanksgiving I've had in a long time. I am grateful for my family and the time we spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10