Monday, February 4, 2019

Week 5 | Sunburst + Rachel

Week 5 | Sunburst + Rachel













Stephanie | I liked this pattern, but man I had some issues with it. First I was going to do a different pattern, and use all solids. But Since I have so many print fabrics, I chose not to use all my solids on 1 block and instead use them sparingly with high print blocks. So then I chose this Sunburst block, which the pattern used yellow prints (hence the name Sunburst). I don't have any yellow prints, but this teal floral one popped out at me, so I made a contrasting teal block instead. This pattern called for HST-easy peasy, but also the Flying Geese block I haven't done before, so I was a bit intimidated. But luckily they are simple to assemble. I did, however, struggle with cutting my fabrics to the correct size and made several errors there, I also cut my finger on my rotary cutter AND cut some of my squares out in the wrong fabric! But in the end, I like how this block looks and the colors I ended up using.

Favorite moment from the week: My favorite moment of this week was having a really good phone conversation with Annetta. We talked about some exciting things, and she inspired me to take more photos. I haven't had a desire for a while to photograph anything, I have been very discouraged with how my photos turn out and I basically gave up on it for a while. After our talk, I saw a beautiful sunset and wanted to capture it, this led to a little photo session around the property and the kids played and hubby dug holes for some blueberry plants. 

Annetta | If off, how cute and gorgeous is Stephanie's block and her pictures?! Back to our regular programming. This has been a saga of sorts. I started my crochet square super late this week. I didn't get to it until Wednesday and knocked out 8 rows in one session. I usually like to start on Monday and have the square done by Friday the latest. When I first read the instructions they advised to get a size larger hook which I didn't own. That meant I needed to buy a new hook on Tuesday just to start the project. Luckily I managed to get those 8 rows in because the saga continues. On Friday, my son had a school break so we took that time to visit family across the country for the weekend. I packed my yarn, hook and all the tools I needed to get the square done on the train ride. On the train ride, I discovered that I took everything BUT the project itself. Like really?! Sigh... What are you gonna do? To top off the great trip my son had a fever the whole time and recovered just in time to take the long train ride back home. Now I play catchup. On the bright side, I really enjoyed this square. It has been a pleasure to crochet and I love the pattern too. I think that helps the whole drama because if the square wasn't a favorite well... I'm just happy it was. Our Year to Inspire journey is never easy, we come across too many challenges along the way, but it is always worth it. Plus, I get to do this with my favorite person, Stephanie (worth it)!

Favorite moment from the week: I have so many! This week my time with my friends really stood out to me. My chat on the phone with Stephanie and then this weekend I got to spend with a dear friend of mine in her own city Kosice, Slovakia. We went out for brunch and did something I don't get to do, go shopping on Saturday! We also took the train to Kosice together and had some nice time to chat in the dining car. I don't have too many friends here in Slovakia so I am very thankful to have her.





No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10