Sunday, February 24, 2019

Week 8 | Cat's Claw + Love-In-A-Mist

Week 8 | Cat's Claw + Love-In-A-Mist







Annetta | I am not fond of the name for this week's square. Cat's are not my favorite. The crochet square was very simple and easy to complete. I managed to crochet it in just 2 days. I am thankful for an easy square this week because the week wasn't easy. It also gave me a chance to get a head start on next weeks square as my family and I will be going on a ski trip. The thing I liked most about this weeks square was the color combinations.

Favorite moment from the week: I would have to say having some of our church members over on Friday for Game Night was the highlight this week. We eat pizza, had snacks and played Phase 10. There was a lot of smack talk along with laughs. It was a big reason why we decided to relocate to the capital city of Bratislava. I wish there were more games nights!

Stephanie | This block looked so cute, I just wanted to do this. I had a hard time choosing the final color combo, but after consulting my girl Shea, she picked out the perfect coordinating color to go with the blues. I didn't account for the white corners on each red diamond block, this one required a lot of cutting in preparation for sewing, but in the end it was worth it. I love the variety in this finished block. I had never done the diamond square before, but it was pretty simple, I feel like the book over complicated it and refereed back to other techniques, when it didn't really need to. I liked how the finish block looks and feel this would be a great full size quilt. The diamonds add just a little something extra.

Favorite moment from the week: My favorite thing about this week is that its finally go-time on the garden. We had a huge truck load of compost delivered and we planted 30+ trees in the orchard, we built boxes for and planted asparagus, we started some seeds and have them in the greenhouse, and we planted some citrus trees. We are finally working on our dream and have taken the first steps towards our family farm. We also have a few chicken eggs in the incubator that should be hatching in a few days. Exciting!

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10