Sunday, August 4, 2019

Week 31 | Hole in the Barn Door + Sunshine Square

Week 31 | Hole in the Barn Door + Sunshine Square





Stephanie | When I made this block last time, I used only red tones. I wanted more contrast this time around. It took a while to come up with a good color combo. Some times I feel I have too many color options and sometimes it seems like I don't have enough. This is where it felt like I didn't have enough. I ended up picking this dark navy and the contrast and a floral beige. I hadn't used either one hardly at all this whole project. The more I look at it the more I like it together.

Favorite moment of the week: This has been a crazy week. School is starting up soon, so I am in mass cleaning and purging mode right now trying to get ready. Sorting all kids clothes to see what we need to buy for them, cleaning and organizing bedrooms, and a 2nd round of lice (in the last month) thrown in the mix, its been crazy.  I can't think if a favorite moment...

Annetta | I left last Sunday for the family cottage across the country and have been gone all week. I just got back a few hours ago and realized the week didn't go as planned. I had planned to crochet all my square at the cottage, but there were other priorities that needed taking care of and therefore never got to it. When we came home I worked up my first square of the week! I realized I made a mistake and have to redo the square, but all in all, I like the pattern for this week. Tomorrow I plan to finish the other three I was supposed to get done, but for now, this one will have to do.

Favorite moment of the week: Like I said, I've been at the family cottage all week. My favorite moment from that week was going to dinner with all of my husbands family from his father's side. After 10 years of being married that side of the family are still like strangers to be, but after this week I don't feel that way anymore and that is a great feeling! The cottage itself is filled with family memories and treasures as they value handmade.




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10