Monday, March 24, 2014

Day 83 | Obituary

Prompt: Write out your own ideal obituary for when you are really old and have peacefully past away in your sleep. Who do you want to be dearly missed by? What do you want to be remembered for? What do you want your list of achievement to have been?

Imagine you could oversee your funeral, what would you want to hear people saying about you?
Note: This exercise can bring up ambitions and a sense of purpose you were not aware of before. So take hold of it and use to it to create starting points for your life right now and make a list of things you would need to do in order to earn this amazing send off and remembrance.


Stephanie | I want to be remembered as; funny, silly, unique, caring, loving, understanding, nurturing, inspiring, a great friend, an amazing mother, someone who had the best homemade recipe, someone who is a favorite friends/family member, an artist, ambitious, a devoted wife.  I want to be remembered as a happy person who followed my dreams and achieved them.

I want my funeral ceremony to be fun and different. For many years I've known I wanted guests to have a sing-a-long to Rappers Delight. There is no way you can be sad doing that. I want it to be full of laughs and great memories. I want people to have a good time and be at peace with the life I had and thankful that they knew me. I want to be known as a good person and that I made an impact on those in my life.  

Annetta | I pray that when someone talks at my funeral it's when I am old, after a beautiful & happy life. I want people to say I left a legacy for my family. That I was a good, happy mom & wife. Someone who loved those around her & was a light that shined bright.


1 comment:

  1. It's weird to plan of a ceremony about you in which you have no participation at all, and you may not even have a say on what to do. Stephanie's suggestion of having a happy memorial service can be a challenge, but with the right execution, it could be pulled off. This could emerge as one of those services people would remember, and would lead a lasting impression. If it ever comes to this, let's hope it does turn out the way we wanted it to be.

    Damon Marsh @ Inland Memorial, Inc.

    ReplyDelete

09 10