Saturday, March 1, 2014

Day 60 | Difficult Situation

Prompt: Tell me about a time where you overcame a difficult situation. What did you learn?



Annetta | My husband and I just went through a few months of a rough patch. He always tells me there are ebbs & flows. Both of us know to never leave things festering. We are all good now & will be going away for the weekend!

Stephanie | My husband and I meet and dates long distance. We technically only dated for 3 months before we married. About 3 weeks later he was gone for several months training to prepare for his upcoming tour in Iraq. Out entire first year of marriage was spent apart. I was new to the army life and knew nothing about what my new husband was doing over seas - he also didn't fill me in much either. This was back in 2007 when things were still pretty bad over there, watching the news was not a good idea. A phone call or cards let me know he was still alive. I kept busy at work and the gym, I didn't have any military friends to help me or explain things to me. I also didn't live anywhere near the army post so no one around me understood what I was going through. It was a very lonely time. I did my best to keep occupied, I would send cards weekly and cross of the days on my calendar. I cried a bit, and worried more. Each day had its own challenges, but each day we were closer to his return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10