Sunday, October 20, 2019

Week 42 | Cluster Flower + Framed Windmill

Week 42  | Cluster Flower + Framed Windmill




Annetta | So... Last time I made this flower I hated it. As I was crocheting this pattern the second time I was getting the same exact feelings until... I finished it and don't hate it anymore. A simple switch of colors was all this pattern needed to shine. I also love the new border color I have chosen. I am still not sure how it will look when the whole blanket is put together, but I have high hopes. I love how the cream softens the pattern and then the teal edge adds that perfect pop.

Favorite moment of the week: This week was ROUGH. My mom was sick for the whole week. The day of her flight she was physically shaking and couldn't do much walking due to weakness. All of that had put a big damper on our final week of her visit. She flew out today actually and I am thankful for airline wheelchair assistance. On a brighter note, my favorite part was sitting with her while we worked on our separate projects. I will cherish those memories while she is back in the states.

Stephanie | This was the very first block I did at the beginning of the year. I was happy with myself for completing it, but as the weeks went on, it turned into my least favorite block due to color choice. I wanted this one to be prettier. It was startling to get too pastel-y, so I added the navy. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I'm sure it will blend into all the other blocks just fine. This one is a little tricky as its an actual framed block. All the others I feel have softer edges while this one has a firm edge, its set out from all the others. 

Favorite moment of the week: Saturday was a work day at church, getting it all ready for the new renovations. We have been talking about it for a while and now is the time to start working. The guys worked on finishing up a bit of landscaping while the girl finalized our plans for the new look and layout of the lobby. We picked out the furniture we want and got our plan ready. This week furniture will be bought and painting starts in the next week or so. Exciting changes are coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10