Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Week 40 | Maybelle Granny Square + Flying Cross

Week 40  | Maybelle Granny Square + Flying Cross




Annetta | We are on our last three months of this project! I am back to crocheting the other half of my squares. This week it was one of my favorite patterns from this whole blanket the Maybelle. I love the way that the square comes out. There is so many beautiful version of this square and all you have to do is change the colors of the rows. I also wanted to knit up a few more then I needed so that the blanket had more of them. 

Favorite moment of the week: This week I had a sick kid just as Stephanie had. We planned a trip to Prague for the weekend and had already paid for the hotel, but the morning of our departure my son had a fever. I've had a cold for 2 weeks now, but his fever came out of the blue. My mom and I ended up exploring some of Prague by ourselves while my husband stayed behind with my son. The road trip itself was a little rough due to the fever. Despite it all, we did enjoy exploring Prague and having that time together because she flies back to the States all too soon.

Stephanie | This was a fun pastel block, easy with HST and squares. Since there was no white in the block, I kept the colors light rather than using the reds and navys. I think each fabric stands out on its own and doesn't get lost in the block.

Favorite moment of the week: This has been a rough week. Escaping goats, sick kids, and a call to 911. Luckily the goats have finally been contained, and 911 ended well, but we are still dealing with a sick girl who seems to want to get worse and not better. We had a Girl Scout trip to the pumpkin patch which was fun. My oldest volunteered to be a helper in the pig races and was selected, she never volunteers in settings like that, so that was fun to see her step out into something scary for her. The whole trip was a success and we left the patch with some fresh cider and sunflowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10