Sunday, April 28, 2019

Week 17 | Weather Vane + Tropical Delight Part 2

Week 17 |  Weather Vane + Tropical Delight Part 2





Stephanie | I set out to work on this Weather Vane block earlier in the week so I would have an open schedule for the weekend. Lately I've been rushing home from church on Sundays to complete my sewing before doing any yard work. This week I got it all done on Friday which allowed me to work the garden all weekend long. I picked a color scheme a little backwards from the example in the book, but I love it. I really like the ombre vibe in the corners with the darker blue, lighter blue and white.

Favorite moment of the week: I really liked that we got some serious work done outside, we planted 3 eggplant starts, 3 pepper starts, 23 pepper seeds, 4 cantelope starts, 50 lettuce starts, and 6 squash seeds. We also fished working on some teepee style garden beds for the kids and my hubby bought me 5 beautiful rose bushes for the yard. . But I really loved that while working in the garden, my 3 yr old plucked a ripe radish from the ground, sat down, and ate it up right in the garden. This is exactly what we have been working so hard for.


Annetta | This weeks goal was to finish the squares from week 16 as that was a really complex square and also the square from week 12 that I was supposed to finish a while back, but never got around to it. I did finish up the square from last week early on in the week, but then that's all I managed to do as the week got full. I had four hour work days this whole week which only gives me about an hour to myself because I have to be a mom and wife. I did set out to finish the square from week 12 today, but the tutorial video I follow for instructions just wouldn't work at all! I only got to finish the row I was already on and made no further progress. We'll try some other time.

Favorite moment of the week: I actually had a full and exciting weekend. Lubos and I went on a getaway just for one night to Modra (my favorite little village next to the forest). We had so much fun! I changed my outfits every 3 hours because why not? On Saturday we got my son a brand new mountain bike so that we can bike the vineyard trails behind our flat. I also picked up two new roses for my balcony rose garden. Then today we got to hang out with the in-laws in another cute village at the market. To end week Lubos bought soil for our two vegetable garden beds that are also on the balcony. I will have one nice urban garden!




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10