Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 12 | Nature

Prompt: Tell me about one of your most memorable experiences with nature.

Annetta | On July 19-13 my little family rented a RV & took my husband's parents on a trip to the Grand Canyon. It wasn't a trip I was really looking forward to, but looking back it was on of my favorites of all time. When at the Canyon I witnessed the most beautiful bolt of lightning go throughout the Canyon and light it up as it was a little after dusk. We also drove through a matchstick forest (that's what I nicknamed it) that was devastated by a fire & the effects of the fire was a sight to see. Such beauty in nature witnessed on that trip!






Stephanie | January 2012. I was 8 months pregnant with my 2nd baby when Seattle got hit with an ice storm. Record snow fall and power outages throughout the region. In my 30 years in western Washington, I have never seen anything like it. 8am on the 19th I woke up to the cracking and snapping of tree limbs. Both our neighbors and our front trees couldn't handle the weight of the ice and came crashing down. Everything was covered in ice. My husband was working crazy hours at the time and his job was up and running, one of only a few. And while he was gone at work, I was shoveling snow and ice from the storm drain and deck. One night our power went out for a few hours. We took our oldest out to the park across the street and went tubing down the hill. I only made it down one time, will that the layers I had on and my pregnant belly, I'm not sure how I got back on my feet at the bottom of the hill. The world around us was so dark, quiet, and frozen. Everyone was home bound, it was peaceful. During this freak ice storm, all I could think was I hope I don't go into early labor!


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10