Monday, March 11, 2019

Week 10 | Moroccan Window + Hole in the Barn Door

Week 10 | Moroccan Window + Hole in the Barn Door








Annetta: Stephanie and I were in the same boat this week! We did the same thing. We both had hard weeks, we were emotional and unhappy plus didn't want to do anything. I ended up crocheting a completely different project that actually made me feel better and I worked on it during my free time and not the square I was supposed to be working on. I ended up starting and almost finishing a crochet cardigan, but got stuck on the sleeves which ended up being too big for me. The project left me scrambling on Saturday and mostly Sunday to finish it the Moroccan Window. I finished the square around 10pm Sunday night and wow, there were so many stitches to crochet despite it being an easy pattern in and of itself. I thought I would really not like this square, but I went rogue with my colors and picked them as I went along. Really happy I decided to pick my own colors because it turned out to be a nice square. I added an extra row into the pattern plus switched up a row because I am noticing that my squares are coming out smaller then they should. The Morracon Window needs to be only made once, but I think I would like to make it again as the pattern is a very simple and pleasing one without any holes.

Favorite moment of the week: Saturday was my favorite moment of the week for sure. It was a family day where we got to enjoy a slow morning of watching homemade videos in bed followed by a pancake breakfast. It took some time, but we all managed to go out for a walk in the forest before we needed to drop off Tin at his friends birthday party while Lubos and I went to the movies to see Captain Marvel. Our friend who is staying with us in our spare room blessed us with tickets to the movie. I wish all Saturday's were like this one. 

Stephanie: This ended up being a hard week for me. I was emotional and unhappy. I didn't want to do anything. But I did work on making a scrap quilt with some pretty scrap fabrics I got for my birthday a few months ago. I spent most of my free time working on that and not this project. That left me scrambling late Saturday night after doing some serious garden work to find a pattern and prep it in the dark. I picked this one because it seemed simple and I could prep and sew quickly which is what I needed after procrastinating for a week. I liked that this didn't require white fabric and it was a good spot to try out this floral/white fabric I've been dying to try. I think it is so pretty, it gave a good contrast against the red/white stripes.

Favorite moment of the week: After such a rough week, the highlight was adding some baby chicks and ducks to our tiny flock. We had 4 chickens, 2 roosters and 2 hens. We added 11 chickens and 4 ducks. They are so cute! We currently have the new babies housed in our bathroom....not as much fun.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10